Saturday, January 12, 2008

Once Upon A Week

I was going to tell you about the nonfiction works I've been completing over the last few days and how it's not as fun or inspiring to me as writing fiction, and then I remembered something.

I have a Once Upon A Week post due today! My brother and sister and sister-in-law and I have this thing going: One of us posts a trigger (word, image, lyrics, etc.) at the beginning of the week and all of us write a response to it by the end of the week. So far, we've posted comic strips, short stories, snippets of fiction, essays, one-liners, and even a song via audiofile. This week's trigger involves, well, cursing, but we don't have any rule against that at Once Upon A Week.

Our past triggers have been:

ghost
Thanksgiving haiku
cookies
Jesus
7th grade
the song "The Nurse Who Loved Me"
countdown

I'm off to work on the rest of the fiction piece I started for this week's trigger. And here I thought I was going back to writing a nonfiction article. Wheeeeeeeeee!

No comments: