Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kind of a Progress Report

I must confess: I have not been sticking to my 8-10 pm Michael Palmer-inspired schedule. I've been doing pretty great at writing nearly every day, but it's at odd hours. I may write during the entire evening off and on, with oodles of breaks, or during my son's naptime, or for fifteen minutes right before bed. With my participation (and lagging word count) in NaNoWriMo, those hours have gotten even crazier.

Today I was at my computer from 7 to 7:45 this morning, then from 11:45 to 12:30, then from 1:00 to 1:15, and now I'll be at it again at about 8:00 pm. Not exactly a regular schedule.

Nor do I have a regular workplace this month. There's the vanity table I use for a desk, the couch, the dining room table during breakfast, and, best of all, the bed under a blanket propped up by two big pillows.

I really have no conclusions to draw from this, no commentary to write, no self-scourging to do. I'm just gonna go.

2 comments:

Jessica R. said...

We're moms... we have no schedule!
I just read a post on CafeMom, by a woman who just realized that unless she left her laptop on and the right document open all day she wasn't getting any writing done. Just a few sentences here and there...
I'm impressed with how much you are writing! You're inspiring me.

Kristy Powers said...

Thanks, Rose! Indeed, the only way I can get all this writing done is to skip doing the dishes, the laundry, the cleaning, showers... and leave the laptop on in plain sight.