Thursday, November 15, 2007

Writing Assignment (& It's a Doozy)


Here's an assignment for you and me, inspired by the Michael Palmer quote I posted two days ago:

Take a three-hour block for yourself. Have someone else watch the kids or do the chores. Don't tell anyone how to get hold of you for those three hours. If you have to, do it in the dead of night. Turn off your phone. Do NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, connect to the Internet. Use your computer or a pad of paper, whatever you usually write on. Write for three hours without looking at anything else for the entire time except maybe a watch.

I'll be doing this Monday night. See the picture above for an idea of what I will look like after an hour without the worldwide web.

If you already do this regularly, wonderful. You're probably published. It sounds hard to me, but what is life without creative challenges?

No comments: